A healthy relationship is the cornerstone of a safe, respectful and happy home where every family member from the youngest to the oldest person is able to live and express themselves without fear or apprehension.
Would you like to do a pulse check on the health of your relationship? Answer these simple questions for a quick reflection 2:
- Is your partner supportive of your work and your dreams?
- Does your partner encourage your efforts and to achieve your goals?
- Does your partner make time to listen to you?
- Is your partner understanding of the demands on your time?
- Do your friends like your partner?
- Does your partner like your friends?
- Does your partner often complain about how little time you have for them or the family?
- Does your partner get angry or annoyed when you don’t respond to calls or messages?
- Does your partner insist you dress or wear make-up the way they like it?
- Does your partner get possessive or jealous?
- Does your partner think you are cheating if you have a laugh with someone else?
- Do you sometimes feel that your partner needs to know everything you are doing all the time?
- Do you feel controlled by your partner?
- Do you need an excuse to see your friends or family?
- Does your partner make jokes about you, your looks, your work or family and then say it isn’t serious?
- Does your partner threaten to hurt your or themselves?
- Do you feel you have to put on a happy front to avoid your partner getting angry?
If you’ve answered YES more than you have answered NO, you may need to speak to someone about bringing safety, respect and health into your relationships. Call us on 03 8312 8805 for a confidential chat.
Adapted from Healthy Relationships checklist from Love is Respect.